You surely know the benefits of beetroot and how it can be beneficial for your blood, skin, and overall health. And there are various ways to use beetroots, like in a salad, juice, and in dishes. But what about the beetroot leaves? Are they beneficial, and can you eat beetroot leaves in salad?
Yes, you can eat beetroot leaves in the salad because beetroot leaves are beneficial in many ways. Actually, beetroot leaves are high in lutein and zeaxanthin, which are very beneficial for the eyes. Moreover, beetroot leaves are high in Vitamin A, so it is good to eat them, and the best way is to incorporate them into a salad.
Let’s get to know how you can add beetroot leaves to the salad.
Can you eat beetroot leaves in salad?
Definitely, Yes! Why not add those beneficial beetroot leaves in a salad when you come to know that these are great for eyes and even for overall health? Actually, beetroot leaves contain components like lutein and zeaxanthin, which are great for the eyes.
Moreover, as they are leaves of beetroot, they are automatically rich in fiber and do wonders for digestion.
But how to incorporate beetroot leaves in salad? Here’s how:
How To Make Beetroot Leaves Salad?
Here’s how you can take full benefit of beetroot leaves by making a delicious & healthy salad out of them:
- Total Time: 15 Minutes
- 8 Cups of Beetroot leaves, washed properly & spun dried
- 1 small garlic, chopped
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- ¼ Tsp kosher Salt
- 1 ½ Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Sherry Vinegar
- ¼ Cup crumbled feta cheese
- Ground Pepper as per taste
- First of all, take garlic and mash it with a chef’s knife side and do it with kosher salt mixed.
- Now, take the garlic paste and mix it in a bowl with Dijon Mustard, Olive oil, and Sherry Vinegar.
- Now, add the Beetroot greens and the feta cheese to a new large bowl.
- Now, take the dressing and put it all over the greens and feta cheese, and mix it well.
- At last, sprinkle some black pepper as per your taste, and enjoy your beetroot leaves salad.
- Cut the beetroot leaves from the red stems and cleanse them properly.
- For some time, put the beetroot leaves in a water basket and then drain it properly when making a salad.
- You can store the beetroot leaves for up to four days after washing and storing them in a plastic bag.
- Also, you can make the dressing up to four days ahead.
- And when you are using that dressing, let it come to room temperature before using it.
How Do Beetroot Leaves Taste Like?
Beetroot leaves taste like Spinach, Swiss Chard, and many other leafy green vegetables. They are mild in taste and even sweeter than kale. But if you don’t like the taste of beetroot leaves, you can use it in a green salad, which will make its taste mild, and you can benefit from it.
This was all about whether can you eat beetroot leaves in salad. Surely, you can eat beetroot leaves by either incorporating them in a salad or even eating them raw, as you like. They have so many benefits for the body, digestion, and especially your eyes. So eat them as you like.
We hope you found this article helpful 7 informative. Please leave your valuable thoughts & suggestions in the comments below!
Thank you for reading!